Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010

Saturday, 8 May 2010 - Shopaholics in SD


Saturday morning, my second weekend in San Diego. I woke up a little bit earlier than usual. I didn't know why but I just couldn't sleep anymore. I got up and had a shower. I was too stressed to even have breakfast.

At 7:45 a.m., Salvatore and I walked to the busstation. But we had to wait, because the buses weren't arriving as frequently as during the week. We finally drove to the Old Town via the so called Hotel Circle. It was great fun because we met some funny guys. One of them told us some jokes, but they weren't funny at all, or maybe we just did not get the punch line. After all we didn't have to laugh about them...

At the Old Town station, Eliane, Melanie, Jackie and Sereina were already waiting for us. The day before we decided to go to 'Las Americas', an enormous premium outlet store near the Mexican boarder. To go there, we had to take the blue line trolley. On the way, we spottet gigantic US navy ships, amongst them the USS Midway, a carrier from WW II which is now a museum. And of course, we saw the Coronado Bay Bridge, a huge bridge which connects downtown San Diego with Coronado island. This five-lane brige is 11,179-foot-long (3,407 m) and ascends from Coronado at a 4.67 percent grade before curving 80 degrees toward San Diego. The span reaches a maximum height of 200 feet (61m), allowing the U.S. Navy ships which operate out of the nearby Naval Station San Diego to pass underneath it. It's quite an impressive bridge.

A lot of different outlet shops are in 'Las Americas'. We really liked all the brand shops, Nike, Billabong, Etnies and houndreds more. It is heaven for people who like shopping and you could easily turn into a shopaholic. So I absolutely enjoyed this trip. But guess what? I am NOT a shopaholic (yet)...

At one o'clock we were ready for food. So we search a place to eat. Of course we choose the mighty McDonald's. I had a delicious Cheeseburger, a Chickenwrap with honey-mustard sauce, a Big-Mac, French fries, and last but not least a litre of Coke. To complete my meal, I needed a dessert. And it had to be a McFlurry. What else! The whole meal was fine and very cheap, not like in Switzerland. But after this meal I was full.

Back to our shopping tour, I bought tonz of different clothes. I was a little bit concerned whether my suitcase might be too heavy or not. But who cares?

After our shopping tour, we went back to the Old Town. There we took the bus to Fashion Valley, another huge shopping area and then we continued our tour to UTC center, which is at least as big as Fashion Valley. There too are lots and lots of stores. I visited the Apple store, Macy's and a few others. At the Apple store we discovered and tested the brand new and worldfamous iPad with its revolutionary, 9.7 inch touch screen, and amazing new apps.

Later we went to another shopping mall. There's an artificial ice rink inside the mall. Since I'm an ice-hockey player myself, it was fascinating for me. It's the home of the one and only 'La Jolla Jaguars'. I never heard of them before but they have a cool ice rink to train on. A lot of fast food restaurants and take-aways are placed around this ice rink. I was acutally quite hungry again but since I spent all of my money on clothes I could only afford a plate of French-fries. I totally digged in.

Later in the evening, we went back to our hostfamily's place. Salvatore and I were pretty worn out from all the shopping and so we decided to relax in our hostfamily's whirlpool. Before we went to bed, we watched the daily baseball games and American football on TV.

That was my kind of day.

Silas Holdener, Talentklasse 3, Ibach

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen