Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010

Sunday - 9 May 2010 - Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mothers Day!

Today, on Mother's Day, I woke up at 9:30 a.m. It was Sunday and I couldn’t sleep long. Don't ask me why. Maybe because I wanted to see San Diego, or maybe I was not as tired as in Switzerland. Or maybe I was longing for my mother who was so far away back home.

So I decided to get up and have breakfast. Kiki, our host mother, boilt some eggs. They were very tasty. I usually don’t have eggs for breakfast, so I had difficulties to finish them all.

However, after breakfast I wanted to go out and buy something for my mum. I cruised quite a few shops, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I discovered a Mother’s Day card but my mother doesn’t speak English, so I did not buy it.

Then Ivana and I went to the 'Smashbruger' to have lunch. After lunch we drove to the Medical Center by bus. No, we were not sick at all. But since we did not really know what we could do, we drove a little bit around. Later, we went home and did our homework. It was not a lot, only a few exercises.

After finishing our homework, we decided to go for a walk on the La Jolla Shores. First we walked down along a street only to realize that we got lost. This was definitely not the way to the beach. We turned around and asked for help.

We were tempted to go swimming but it was too cloudy and too cold and windy. So we just continued strolling along the beach. We noticed that the sand on this beach had a very strange color. It was some kind of brownish but also blackish. In the evening, we asked our host-family, but they couldn't give us any reason for this rather unusual color of the sand.

After this walk, we both felt a lustful desire for a milk shake. Once again we returned to our favorite place called 'Smashburger' and ordered two milk shakes. Ivana took the chocolate one and I prefered the one with vanilla flavor. It tasted out of this world but it was a little bit too much.

In the evening had a Pizza at our hostfamily's place. This evening we talked a lot with our host-family. It was good, because we noticed that we spoke way more than the day we arrived. And we liked to talk to them.

After eating we went to our bedroom and watched 'Another Cinderella Story'. It was a wonderful movie.

Denise Chiodi, PET Course, Ibach

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen