Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010

Monday, 10 May 2010 - Happy Birthday Melanie!


Today was a great day. It's our friend's Melanie's birthday! To celebrate ones birthday in San Diego is absolutely special and totally cool! I wish it was my birthday.

In the morning, Seraina, my roommate, and I got up at 07.15. We put on our make-up (tough job) and then we had breakfast. I ate a cheese toast, a waffle and cornflakes. Seraina ate two toasts with cheese and ham.

After breakfast, we headed to the bus station. The bus arrived at 08.12am. The ride took about 30 minutes, so we arrived at school at 08.45 a.m. Classes began 15 minutes later. I went to the computer terminal to check my mails and talk to my friends in Switzerland.

As I mentioned before, school started at 09.00 a.m. The morning was very hard for me, because we did a lot of grammar. It was quite tiring and somehow I got angry. Don't ask me why - sometimes it just happens. I guess, that's some kind of girl's stuff...

At 12.15 p.m., we had our daily lunch break. Jacky, Melanie, Seraina and I went to La Jolla beach near our school. We ate our sandwiches and chatted a lot about all the world and his brother. Then we had to go back to school.

The afternoon classes were much better and way more interesting than the ones in the morning. We were talking about Hollywood. Hollywood - just the sound of this magic word made me dream. I imagined myself walking down the Walk of Fame and I thought about a song by The Kinks, telling us: 'You can see all the stars as you walk down Hollywood Boulevard...' (sigh - wish I was there).

At the end of the lesson we played a game called Tabu. It was great fun. One of our group was at the front of the room and the others at the back. One of us had to find out the words which the other members of the group tried to explain to him or her.

After school we surprised Melanie, because today she celebrated her 16th birthday. So we went to Silas’s and Salvatore’s hostfamily's home. They’ve a huge pool and an unbelievable jacuzzi. So we organized a pool party for Melanie and she was absolutely surprised. We all listened to music, to the sound of California, to the sound of the wonderful night, to the sound of San Diego and we ate some snacks. We truly felt like Californians. And then of course we took off our clothes and jumped into the fantastic pool and enjoyed the great feeling of the water-jets in the jacuzzi. Oh - my - God, I can read your 'd..ty mind'... no, nobody was naked, you chiseler!

That evening, we had tonz of fun together. A little bit later we all had some hot dogs and drank lots and lots of Coke. Then we went back into the pool again. It was such a fun evening. At 9.45 p.m., we drove home by taxi and we loved it^^).

California, watch out - we're gonna definitely be back again!


Eliane (and Seraina), PET course, Ibach

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen